Metamorphosis is originally called Verwandlung, it’s German translation, this can also be translated into the following words
German translation of Title
- transformation – a marked change in form, nature, or appearance.
- change – make or become different.
- metamorphosis – (in an insect or amphibian) the process of transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages
- conversion – the process of changing or causing something to change from one form to another.
- transmutation – the action of changing or the state of being changed into another form.
- transubstantiation – (Catholic Church) the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining.